Millistream Database Application (MDA) version 0.9.27 released
The Millistream MDA project team is pleased to announce the release of
version 0.9.27 of our open source application for updating SQL servers
with data from the Millistream Data Feed.
Changes since the previous version:
* New option '--console' that replaces the old option '--debug', this
change was done since it better reflects what the option does (i.e
runs the application in the console).
* When upgrading tables with --upgrade-db, MDA will no longer replace
Unicode columns in MSSQL with non-unicode columns. So it is now safe
to alter columns in MSSQL to Unicode columns. MDA does already insert
data with N'' when updating to a MSSQL server so Unicode columns
should be fully supported on MSSQL now.
* MDA will now automatically mark instruments as deleted if it does not
receive any basic data for it during start up. Since this can create
problems for users who uses the mda database to store internal insrefs,
a new config option 'deletelimit' to be placed under "DATABASE" in
mda.config, can be used to set an upper limit on insrefs to delete.
I.e if set to "deletelimit 1000000" then only insrefs below 1000000
can be automatically deleted by this functionality. If set to
"deleltelimit 0", then this functionality is completely disabled.
* The time format of the SQL log where in hour:min:min, this has now
been corrected to hour:minute:second.
* Fixed deletes for Fundamentals and Estimates.
* New tables:
- noii (Net Order Imbalance Indicator. During the open and close
calls on the Nasdaq OMX Nordic exchanges, this table will
be filled with prices giving an indication on what the
resulting equilibrium price will be when the call ends).
- ticksize (defines the tick sizes for the tick size tables).
- constituents (defines the constituents for indices).
* New columns for table instruments
- ticktable (insref for the ticktable instrument that defines the
tick sizes table this instrument trades under).
- pricetype (defines if the instrument is mainly traded in price or
in yield [can be used to determine whether one should
display lastprice or lastyield and also i.e closeprice1d
"0" or NULL - Price
"1" - Yield)
- votingpower (the voting power for a share, some shares on Nasdaq
OMX Stockholm can have i.e 1000 votes for the A share and
1 vote for the B share).
- asiantalstart (the start date for the Asian Tail)
- asiantailend (the end date for the Asian Tail)
- cap (the cap level for Discount Certificates)
We consider MDA 0.9.27 to be the best version of MDA available and we
recommend that users of older versions upgrade as soon as possible.
MDA 0.9.27 is available for download from the following locations:
Windows installer: ftp://millistream.com/binaries/windows/
Red Hat / CentOS: https://packages.millistream.com/rpm/
Debian / Ubuntu: https://packages.millistream.com/apt/
Source code: ftp://millistream.com/sources/
Windows users upgrade by running the installer for the new version.
Linux users who have added our apt or yum repositories can upgrade by simply
issuing "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" (Debian/Ubuntu) or
"yum upgrade" (Red Hat/CentOS).
Since there is new tables for this upgrade and MDA currently cannot add tables
automatically, we have attached sql scripts for various sql servers with this mail.
These scripts can be run at any time, even before the MDA is upgraded. It must
however be run before you attempt to run "mda --upgrade-db" since MDA will then
try to add columns to tables that does not exist and the operation will fail.
After the upgrade, execute "mda --check --upgrade-db" to have mda automatically
add the new columns to your sql server.
Information on how to add these repositories are available at
And as usual, if you have any questions what so ever regarding this release
or other things, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Millistream Development Team